- The NNTP interface is essentially complete.
- There is a rudimentary reading and posting HTTPS interface .
- Users are able to self-register, manage their own accounts and reset lost passwords using an email challenge system.
What is broken:
- NNTP control messages.
- MIME message display in HTTPS (including character set conversions)
- Web design. Although – all HTML is template-generated, so it’s more a problem with the test installation than with the actual software.
What is missing:
- HTTPS-based administration
- Spam control
- Email distribution of messages
- Posting by email
- Packaging (including proper installation and upgrade procedures)
And it would probably use a proper security review of the code.
If you are interested, go check out the test installation. The code and the test installation templates are available through Git. If you are really brave (and are a skilled system administrator), you might try creating your own installation – if you do, let me know.