Darcs-monitor will send email to a specified recipient about new changes added to a specific darcs repository. It can be run as an apply posthook (resulting in near-instantaneous “push” emails), or periodically from Cron, or occasionally by hand, whatever seems most convenient.
This new release (0.3) contains the following changes:
- there is now support for the %CHANGES% and %SHORTREPO% substitutions in the template
- a default template is now provided
- ' and " entity references in darcs changes –xml is now supported
- patches with just the author email address (no real name) are now handled correctly
- when multiple emails are sent, they are now sent in chronological order
- emails are announced to the user
The minor update 0.3.1 brings the documentation up to date.
Benja Fallenstein and Benjamin Franksen provided some of the features and bug fixes in this release. My thanks to them
You can get it by darcs at http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/darcs/darcs-monitor/ (darcsweb
available), or as a tarball at http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/software/dist/. It depends on mtl and
HaXml and is written in Haskell, naturally. It has been tested only with GHC 6.6 so far. For installation and usage instructions, refer to the README at any of the locations above.
Please note that this software is very new and thus can be buggy. As with any email-sending software, bugs can result in major annoyance; user caution is warranted.